OptiSaw is designed to offer sawmilling professionals a time-effective and affordable learning and networking opportunity to learn more about the future of optimization and automation in the industry. Keep checking back for updates.
OptiSaw Mill Optimization and Automation Forum is returning to Eastern Canada to hold an information-packed event in Montreal on Nov. 28.
We’ve rounded up speakers from industry-leading manufacturers to explain their cutting edge sawmilling technologies and processes, and share invaluable ideas about getting the most for your money.
You will hear the latest on:
- • Artificial intelligence
- An automated scanner/optimizer that learns to grade lumber like a human grader learns: by example.
- • Automating species separation
- A new real-time automated system for identifying and separating wood species based on new technology using near infra-red spectroscopy.
- • Closed-loop technology
- Automatically adjust cutting tools to maintain quality and size in the sawmill.
- • An in-depth look at a U.S. sawmill’s recent technology updates
- • Optimizing the supply chain with 4.0 technology
- • And more to come!